Setup your Jira Cloud integration and get all the insights in Torii's dashboard
Torii integrates with your Jira account and syncs the following attributes:
To get usage, the user 'Who created the token' requires to have access to Jira.
Note: Integration with "Jira Server" (the self-hosted solution) is not supported.
Torii monitors Jira usage data daily.
- We monitor all events for existing Jira issues listed in the Jira ticket activity log.
Comments - Created/ edited/ deleted comments
- History - Monitors issue's activities like attachments, dates, assign to, etc.
- Work log - Created/ edited/ deleted work logs
If a Jira user completed at least one of the following actions on a given day:
- Created/ edited/ deleted comments
- Attached, assigned, changed an item
- Worked on the work log
The user will be considered an "Active user."
Once connected, Torii will show usage from the last 30 days
: Users who have set their email address to be hidden can not be synced from Jira.
A Jira site usually contains multiple products:
- Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and more.
- Each user's product access will be shown as a license for the user.
- Note that "Jira Core" is included in other products.
Connect your Jira Cloud integration
Browse users and groups.
Step 2: Create an API token from your Atlassian account:
- Go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens.
- Click Create API token.
- From the dialog that appears, enter "Torii" as the Label for your token and click Create.
- Click Copy to clipboard and save the
API token. Note that it isn't possible to view the token after closing the creation dialog; if necessary, create a new token.
Step 3: Get the
Jira site URL. It should look like: https://your-domain.atlassian.net
Step 4: Go to the Torii Integrations page and click on the Jira Cloud tile in order to connect.
Step 5: Provide your
Atlassian account email address,
API Token and
Jira site URL.
Integration Capabilities and actions
You can constantly be updated with application information from our Integrations Page >> Integration Capabilities button >> Integration Capabilities table.
Q: Will the 'Delete JIRA Cloud User' action in a workflow always delete a JIRA user?
A: No. If the user has opened a JIRA ticket in the past (and thus is a 'Reporter' in JIRA), Torii cannot delete them per JIRA's API limitations.
Get additional information in:
- Atlassian and Jira Cloud Integrations: A deeper look
- Open a Jira Ticket From Torii
- Delegate an Offboarding Task With Jira