When dealing with non-integrated apps during Offboarding, Torii allows easy delegation of offboarding tasks to other stakeholders (e.g. App owners).
The delegation can be done by:
- Sending an email with a link to a dedicated Tasks page
- Opening a Jira issue
Delegating tasks by opening Jira issues provides offboarding tasks visibility to anyone in the organization and makes it easy for IT to collaborate with other stakeholders who handle offboarding processes.
Once an Issue is opened, Torii continuously monitors its status in Jira and automatically marks the user as offboarded based on the issue status updates.
You don't need to do anything - Torii will close the loop.
How to delegate offboarding via Jira issue
- Open Offboarding settings page and select an app to configure its offboarding method. We recommend opening Jira issues only for non-integrated apps that cannot be deactivated automatically
- Select "Delegate." in the Offboarding method configuration popup.
- From the "Delegate action" dropdown, select the "Create Jira Cloud Issue" option.
- Fill in the rest of the ticket information, including the Account name, Project, and Issue type.
Add the ticket Summary and Description; note that a default summary was added to the message.
- Select the "Status for completed issue" Note! This is highly important: Once the App owners remove the user, they should change to the correct status in Jira; this will also indicate in Torii that the offboarding task was completed.
- Click Apply
- When the offboarding is triggered, the app you configured for offboarding via Jira issue will appear with the "In progress" status >> User offboarding status page.
You will see that a Jira issue was opened with an issue ID link enabling you to access the issue directly.
Once the task is assigned, Torii will display the assignee's name.
- The offboarding status will remain "In process" until the Jira assignee will close the issue.
- Once the Jira status changes, the app offboarding status in Torii will change and be marked as "Completed". Torii will also remove the user from the app users list.
If this Issue was the last or only task in the offboarding process, the user would also be displayed as "Offboarded."
Q: How long does it take for Jira issue updates to be reflected in Torii?
A: The status change will be reflected in Torii 10 - 15 minutes after the Jira issue update.