Torii integrates with Slack and syncs the list of Slack users, last usage date, usage frequency, licenses, and 3rd party applications installed on your Slack account.
This integration requires a paid Slack account.
Managing Slack users right from within the Torii dashboard requires a Slack "Business+" or "Enterprise Grid" account" account.
Torii supports regular Slack workspaces in addition to Slack Enterprise Grid workspaces.
- Go to the Integrations page and click the Slack tile
- Click Connect
- Select the permissions type, and note that in order to perform actions with Torii, "Read and take action," permission is required.
- Select the Slack Plan type (click here to see more information about the plans)
- Click Connect
- Once the integration is connected and synced, it will display a green checkbox
- Pro account / Business+
Choose this option if you do not have a Slack Enterprise account.
- Enterprise Grid: Workspace
Choose this option if you have a Slack Enterprise account and wish to get granular data on one of its workspaces.
You will be redirected to Slack's website to choose a workspace. Make sure you choose a workspace inside the grid account.
- This permission is also required for using the "Send Slack notification" action"
By connecting the workspaces, specific data for the workspace will be synced: connected applications, user list, user role, status, and membership type, among others.
Actions can be taken at the workspace level, such as adding and removing from the workspace's user groups.
- Enterprise Grid: Grid account
Choose this option if you have a Slack Enterprise account and wish to take actions from Torii, like adding and removing users from the Enterprise Grid.
You will be redirected to Slack's website to choose a workspace. Make sure you choose the top-level "Grid workspace."
By connecting the Grid Account, top-level user data will be synced without granular workspace-level information.
When only connecting the Grid Account, Torii will sync only
Actions can be taken to add/remove users from the grid and add/remove them from specific workspaces.
Applications connected to individual workspaces and their risk level are not available when only connecting the Grid Account.
It is possible to connect the Grid Account in addition to workspaces in the account to sync the full information from Slack.
Send Slack notification
- To send Slack notifications, you must have or add the Slack plan "Enterprise Grid: Workspace"
- Without this plan, the workflow action will not work, and the following error will be received.
Q: Can I enable Torii's workflow error notifications on a Free Slack account?
No, you must have a paid account (Pro, Business+, or Enterprise) in order to integrate Torii or enable workflow error notifications in Slack