Torii integrates with Salesforce, syncing:
List of users
Last logged in time
- 3rd party application list - only applications connected via OAuth
- The Salesforce integration is an OAuth connection.
- The 'View Setup and Configuration' permission for the connecting user is required to be able to get user details from the integration.
- Salesforce API cannot provide data on applications connected to it not via OAuth. Thus, 3rd party app & user data from Salesforce may be partial.
We support most user types
We do not support Customer Portal Users, please connect the integration with another user type.
Supported license types
Torii supports the following license types:
Standard User License types, as described here
Feature license types:
We do not support External types, which are not meant for company employees like: Partner Community, Customer Community, Customer Portal User, Customer Portal Manager, Chatter, and Guest.
To sync the feature licenses to Torii, the user who connected the integration must have view/read permissions to ALL of the following fields from the User object:
In order to get usage information, please ensure that the account used to connect the integration has permission to access the EventLogFile and LoginHistory objects.
Accessing these objects requires View Event Log Files and API Enabled user permissions. To grant this, follow the steps below.
Note: Users with View All Data permission can view event log files.
1. Log into Salesforce
2. Look for Permissions Sets
3. Select the permission set of the user who connected the integration
4. Scroll down to System
5. Click on System Permissions
6. Click the Edit button
7. Check to enable the API Enabled
8. Check to enable the View Event Log Files
9. Click Save
Connecting the Integration
1. Go to the Integrations page.
2. Click Connect.
Note: Your Salesforce account can be integrated as "Read-Only" or "Read/Take Action" which is required in order to allow workflows to take action directly through Torii.
3. When redirected, log in to your Salesforce account.
You will be requested to approve the following:
offline_access- Allows Torii to perform requests on your behalf at any time by enabling a refresh token to be returned when the requesting client is eligible and allowing the app to interact with the user’s data while the user is offline.
idscope allows Torii to access your basic information
apiscope allows Torii to access and manage your data
Select Allow to allow the requested permissions.
- Q: Can I connect the Salesforce integration to a sandbox account?
A: No. We do not currently provide the option to connect to a Salesforce sandbox account.