Torii integrates with your Jamf account and syncs the list of users, computers and mobile devices.
Users, Computers, and Mobile Devices
The integration lists all users and their assigned devices as licenses. There is one license for Computers and one for Mobile devices.
Each computer and mobile device will be shown as one license, and a user can be assigned to one or more licenses.
Torii will show inactive licenses when users have left the organization, or are not using Jamf for a period of time.
For the integration, we will create a new admin user with custom permissions, dedicated to the integration.
- Step 1: Login as an administrator to Jamf
- Step 2: Go to the Settings page
- Step 3: Click on "Jamf Pro User Accounts & Groups"
- Step 4: Click "New" to create a new user with the following:
Password: select a strong password for this user. Make sure you have access to this password as you'll be asked to provide it in the next steps.
- Step 5: Go to the "Privileges" page
- Step 6: Apply the following permissions:
Advanced User Searches (
Jamf Pro User Accounts & Groups (
Mobile Devices (
Important: The "Advanced User Searches" requires the (
UPDATE) permissions in order to efficiently retrieve the list of users from your account.
If you plan to use Torii for automated actions (on-boarding / off-boarding), add the
- Step 7: Go to Torii Integrations page and click on the Jamf tile in order to connect.
- Step 8: Provide the
Jamf Organization URL,
For your information, Torii uses Jamf's
Advanced User Search feature to get the list of users. Therefore, after the first sync, you will notice an AUS named: 'Torii Integration - Get all users'.
You can always contact our support team for help at firstname.lastname@example.org.