Setup your Asana Integration and get the insights in Torii's dashboard
Torii integrates with Asana and syncs:
- Users list - All users within the workspaces and organizations the user who connected the integration is a member of
Note, that Torii doesn't support the "Personal Projects" workspace anymore since Asana deprecated it.
- User status - Active, Not Active
- User role - Guest, Member, or Admin
- License types - Guest and Member
- Usage - The number of days and average usage time of the application - For Enterprise accounts only
- Asana integration is an OAuth connection
- Torii can support multiple accounts
With this integration, you will be able to:
- Identify users who haven't used Asana for a while
- Recognize and remove from Asana employees leaving your company
Torii monitors Asana usage data daily.
We monitor all audit log events exposed by the Asana API:
- Logins - All login events operate on the User resource type (excluding failed logins).
- User updates - All user events run on the User resource type
- Admin settings - All admin settings events operate on the Workspace resource type except for
workspace_announcement_removedthat run on the Workspace Announcement resource type.
- Roles - All role events operate on the User resource type
- Content Export
- Access Control
- Creation - all creation events
- Deletion - all deletion events
- Go to the Integrations page and click on Asana
- Click Connect
The Connect Asana box will pop up, enabling you to select the connection options - Read or Read and take action (setup/edit)Steps 4-5 are relevant when connecting a single organization or workspace in a multiple organizations/workspaces account.
When you have more than one organization or workspace connected to your Asana account, and you only want to sync one of them
- Copy the "gid" number of the organization you want to connect from this link
The GID enables us to sync only the specific group, if not provided, ALL groups will be synced.
- Paste the "gid" number to the OPTIONAL Organization or WorkspaceID field
- To see usage - for the Enterprise account, only paste the Token. Click here to see how to get a token
You will be referred to Asana scopes
Torii asks for the
defaultscope as described in the Asana website documentation.
This scope is the minimum required for the integration, and it provides access to all endpoints documented.
Prior setup on your end is not required.
- The "Test Connection" window will display, generating the connection test.
- Once the integration is connected and synced, it will display a green checkbox.
Get a token for the Enterprise account
This integration synchronizes all workspaces and organizations that the user who connected the integration is a member of.
Q: Why are Torii and Asana's Admin Panel numbers different?
A: If your organization is using a Division plan, only members of the Division will be shown in the Admin Console.
The response Torii gets from the API includes the following:
- All members of your organization
- Invited users that still need to accept the invitation or finish the registration.