This article summarizes these sources and how to determine which ones are being used at the application level.
Determining the User and Usages Sources, Per App
From the Applications page>> Review tab, you can see all your synced app and their data sources.
Available Data Sources
From the Sources column, you will see the data sources that can be received, represented by icons:
- Syncing from your SSO Provider, such as Okta and OneLogin
- From an integrated finance app
- Syncing from apps like Slack, Office 365, and Teams (that sync lists of their connected apps)
- Syncing from your Identify Provider, such as Google Workspace (G Suite) and Azure AD,
- Deploying the secure and privacy-aware Browser Extension to map application usage
- The plug represents an application that was synced via direct integrations
This information is also available when you go into the "Overview" page of any application.
You can see all the data sources being captured. It is on the bottom right of the page.
There is a line item for data sources relating to users, usage, and expenses. This way, you can always be confident about the sources used to populate your account.
Visualizing the Sources of Each User
When going into the "Users" tab of any application, you will see the source(s) found for each user under the "Sources" column.
Note that the "Sources" column (a) in the "Users" tab (b) of an application ONLY shows the sources of a user's account.
It doesn't show the sources of usage or last used date, even though these columns also appear in the "Users" tab. For that data, you need to go to the "Overview" tab of an application.