Customization is a crucial aspect of configuring robust automation.
Torii's Advanced Data Engine enables you to be fully flexible when populating rich data from Torii into workflows using our Personalization tokens.
Use our powerful tokens to:
- Create robust Onboarding & Offboarding workflow automation with Torii's capability to interact with your HRMS and Identity Provider systems, for example:
- Update user details in multiple apps using information retrieved from your source of truth (HRMS or IDP).
- Add onboarding/offboarding customized emails and tickets, using information retrieved from your organizational HRMS & Identity providers (like Workday or Okta).
- Create targeted workflow notifications for the relevant stakeholders owning different SaaS management processes.
These notifications can include the information they need to make intelligent decisions about app onboarding, contract renewal security risks, and more.
What are personalization tokens?
Personalization tokens are variables populated with data from Torii.
Tokens available in workflows are related either to the workflow trigger or to the workflow actions. For example:
- If you configure a workflow with a "New app discovered" trigger, you can use tokens in an Action to send data about the discovered app.
- If you configure a workflow with a "User left" trigger, the list of the available tokens will show variables related to the user who left.
- If you configure a workflow with a "Send email" action, the list of the tokens will include variables related to the email recipient and sender. You can select these to make your email more personal.
We have three token types:
- Predefined tokens - Out-of-the-box variables standing for apps, contracts, and user attributes, They will always appear in the token list and will be related to the trigger object
- User tokens from integrated apps - Variables related to user details pulled from HR, SSO, or other integrated apps (e.g. user department)
- Custom tokens - Variables standing for app and contract custom attributes, that you can add in the Application and Contract Details sections
Where can personalization tokens be used?
Use Personalization tokens to populate data into text fields (like when sending emails or Slack notifications from a workflow).
You can bring up an interactive menu of personalization tokens simply by typing the "@" symbol.
The most common scenarios would be to use tokens in:
- Actions like "Create user" or "Update user" propagate user attributes from HRMS to other apps.
- Emails, Slack notifications, or custom actions to enrich content with data.
Let's look at a few examples.
Example 1: User Onboarding
Torii provides robust support for your onboarding/offboarding processes by seamlessly connecting and pulling employee data from your core systems (HRMS & Identity provider) as your absolute source of truth.
New User Onboarding Workflow
- The image below shows an example of the New employee onboarding workflow (1) with the Users meet criteria trigger.
- ACTION 1- "Create OneLogin" (2) ACTION 2 "Create a New Slack user"(3)
- Here, when creating a OneLogin user, you can retrieve the user Department (4) and Title (5) information directly from your organizational HRMS, in this case - BambooHR.
SSO automatically populating the HRMS information requires 0 effort from the IT side, with no need for manual action or additional sync tools
Send an Email to a new employee.
In this example, the workflow includes a "send email" action in which you welcome the new employees to the organization.
Note that Torii enables you to make your email very personal and informative.
You can refer the new employees with their "Preferred name", add their manager email, personalize it with "Welcome to the IT team!" etc.
- Use trigger - User joins.
- Use an action - Send email
- Use personalization tokens to add the user details.
- You can add tokens from a wide range of data & information directly from the organization's HRMS.
- Here we added tokens with the user's preferred name, [Trigger.User.Details.BambooHR.Preferred. name] (1) and [Trigger.User.Details.BambooHR.User. Manager.Email] (2) and data about the department and office location.
Example 2: Application Onboarding
When Torii discovers a new app, notify the security owner and ask if it can be sanctioned (approved).
Attach as many details as needed to help the owner make a decision.
- Use trigger - New app discovered
- Use an action - Request approval.
In the email setup, use the tokens to personalize the email and add rich data about the discovered app.
- Select a token [Action.Recipient.First Name] (1) to begin the email with a personal greeting
- Add app tokens [Trigger.App.Description] (2) [Trigger.App.Tags] (3) and [Trigger.App.Vendor](4), to provide details about the newly discovered app.
- For example, the below email will be received when Torii discovers a Monday app:
Example 3: Contract Renewal
Create a workflow in which you notify and assign a ticket to the App Budget owners to let them know an App renewal time is arriving.
Open a Zendesk ticket, and add data about the contract and app that might be relevant for the renewal decision.
- Use trigger Contract meets criteria.
- Use custom action to create a ticket in Zendesk.
- Use personalization tokens to add contract and app details to the ticket.
- You can add tokens for Torii out-of-the-box fields and custom fields that you created on the Settings page and populated on App and Contract pages.
- For example, add tokens with contract details like [Trigger.Contract.Contract-Value] (1) and [Trigger.Contract.Number-of-Licenses](2), as well as data about the app.
Q & A
Q: Where can I find a full list of the default Personalization Tokens?
A: in the "Personalization Tokens List" article
Q: Can data about app usage and license activity be added as a token?
A: Dynamic data points cannot be added as tokens at the moment.
Q: What happens if I added a custom field as a token and then deleted the custom field from Settings?
A: We will show the "Unknown" value in emails or notifications and remove the token from the list of available tokens in Workflows. The previously selected token in the workflow will appear as [invalid placeholder]. You should edit the workflow to remove the irrelevant token.