Identifying auto-renewal clauses within your contracts is crucial for receiving timely notifications, allowing you to either cancel or negotiate improved terms proactively. If you've previously implemented custom auto-renewal fields, we highly recommend migrating your contracts to leverage Torii's built-in auto-renewal fields, offering three key benefits:
- Auto-renewal detection with Magic Auto-Fill
- Automatic calculation of Cancellation Deadline: Torii facilitates the automatic calculation of the cancellation deadline. Any changes to the end date or cancellation notice periods trigger an instant update to the cancellation deadline.
- Visual indication in the Renewal Calendar and Application page: Enjoy a visual cue in both the renewal calendar and application page, providing enhanced clarity and ease of use.
Here is a step by step guide on how to migrate your contracts to use the new fields.
How to migrate
Step 1 - Filter contracts using custom auto-renewal fields
- Go to the Contracts tab in the Renewals page
- Add all auto-renewal fields to your view including your fields and Torii fields
- Filter by the field you use for determining if the contract is auto-renewing or not. Start with filtering contracts that are auto-renewing.
Step 2 - Bulk edit Torii fields for auto-renewing contracts
- Select all the filtered contracts and use the Edit menu to set Auto-Renewal Torii field to Yes.
- Keep all filtered contracts selected and set the Cancellation Notice Period (days) Torii field to the corresponding value in your custom field.
- View all Torii fields populated and ensure they are matching the values in your custom fields. Notice that the Cancellation Deadline field was automatically calculated.
Step 3 - Bulk edit Torii fields for contracts not auto-renewing
- Filter for contracts that are not auto-renewing
- Select all the filtered contracts and use the Edit menu to set Auto-Renewal Torii field to No.
- View all Torii fields populated and ensure they are matching the values in your custom fields.
Step 4 - Update your workflows to use Torii fields
Review your workflows, and make sure to replace all auto-renewal custom fields with the new Torii fields. Check both the trigger criteria and actions including personalization tokens used in the message or ticket content.
For best practices on how to create renewal notifications that take into account auto-renewals, see this step by step guide
Step 5 - Turn off or delete your custom fields
- Go to the Settings page and navigate to the Contract Details section
- Locate your custom fields and turn them off or delete them so they no longer show up in Torii.
Now you can go to the Renewal Calendar and see your auto-renewing contracts showing to ensure you never miss an auto-renewal.