The All Expenses tab enables you to get full transparency into your expenses.
Here you can:
- View the ongoing expenses - To ensure you have an accurate picture of your SaaS spending, review the recently Matched and Unmatched expenses, and customize the matching as needed using matching rules.
- Find missing expenses - Search for missing expenses you don't see but know were paid. Once found, you can create matching rules accordingly.
View All Expenses
- Transaction date - The date that was recorded in your finance app.
- Amount and Description - The transaction amount and description detail. If this expense was converted in Torii, its original amount and currency will be displayed under the Amount column.
- Source - The transaction origin - a finance app or imported files
- Matching Status - Indicates if the expense was matched, unmatched, ignored or archived.
- Matched by - Indicates if the matching was done by Torii AI, by a matching rule or was edited manually.
- Matched App - The App this expense is matched to.
Hovering over an expense enables editing or archiving it.
From here, you can move an expense under a different app and change the expense date or amount.
Note that this update will be applied to this specific expense only; therefore, if you wish this change to apply to previous and future expenses, you should set it using the matching rules.
- You can get other transaction views, like Unmatched, Archived, or All expenses, by selecting them from the dropdown menu.
Note that the Unmatched expenses are visible for selected permissions only.
- With the second filter, you can target the results view to view selected dates, amounts, and more. Use the filter button to refine your results even further.
The Expenses table has predefined views which are tailored to address specific use cases:
This view contains all expenses that were matched to apps, either by Torii AI or by a user. It allows you to go over recently matched transactions and make sure they were matched correctly.
This view contains expenses that were synced into Torii but were not matched to any app. It allows you to search through these and see if there are transactions that were missed and should be matched. Since this view may contain sensitive data it is restricted to users with an Expense Take Action scope.
Important to note that most of the unmatched expenses are not software related and so should remain unmatched. However, you may find unmatched expenses that should have been matched.
This can happen due to the following:
- Typo in an app's name
- Expenses missing the app name
- App names that are dictionary words (examples: Box, Confetti) are not automatically matched based on name only to avoid false matches.
- Multiple app names in one expense
- The app is not yet known to Torii
Matching statuses under Unmatched Expenses view.
Under the Matching status column, you will find two status types
- No match found - Expenses without a match
- Potential match:
- When Torii’s matching algo identifies an expense with an app name that is a "dictionary" word, to minimize false positives, it will not match it but set it to “potential match”
- When an expense contains a phrase that implies it’s for a SaaS subscription like subscription, plan, renewal, etc., but no app name, it will classify it as a “Potential match”
Each expense can be edited (matched) or archived manually; however, we do encourage you to create a matching/ ignore rule for each expense type you found under "Unmatched expenses." so it will apply to similar transactions going forward.
This view holds all expenses that were manually archived.
Archived expenses can be Unarchived.
This view shows all expenses with any matching status the user is entitled to view. See details in the table below.
The following matching statuses are available per each of the predefined views.
|Available in views
|Required Expenses scope
|Expenses that were matched to an app either by Torii AI, a matching rule or manual matching.
View Only or Take Action
Expenses that are either:
|No match found
|Expenses not matching to any app.
Expenses that are either:
|Expenses containing terms that imply they are not likely to be SaaS subscriptions.
|Expenses that were manually archived by a Torii user.
|View Only or Take Action
Who can access Unmatched expenses?
- Expense take action - can access the All Expenses page, including Unmatched expenses.
- Expense view only - can access the All Expenses page, excluding Unmatched expenses.
- Expense no access - cannot access the expenses page.