Secrets are encrypted variables you can create and use securely in workflows as personalization tokens.
Once a secret is created and stored in Torii, its value will never be visible again.
A common use case is for storing an API Key of a 3rd party service and using it as a personalization token when using a Custom Workflow Action
Torii encrypts and stores the secrets securely.
Secrets are only decrypted right before being used during workflow execution
Create a secret
- Go to Settings >> Secret Vault
On the SECRETS VAULT page, you will find all existing secrets and will be able to create new ones by clicking on “Add secret to vault.”
- Add the Secret Name and Value and click on Create.
- The secret will be added to the list.
Once added, the secret can be deleted or edited.
- Note that only the secret value can be edited and not its name. Changing a name will affect workflows referring to this secret; therefore, we don’t allow changing them.
- If you delete a secret being used in a workflow, on the next workflow run, it will show as UNKNOWN
Adding a secret to a workflow custom action
- When creating a workflow with a custom action, for example, a user requests access to the App catalog, and you want a ticket to be opened for a certain product.
- When adding a custom action, just use the @ sign and look for the secret you created for this action as a Placeholder instead of entering a full sensitive plain text.
- When the workflow is activated, the placeholder will retrieve the sensitive information without exposing it externally.