The Slack integration syncs the list of users, their last usage date, usage frequency, licenses, and any 3rd party applications installed on your Slack account.
This integration requires a paid Slack account.
Managing users from within Torii requires a Business+ or Enterprise Grid account.
- Sending notifications from within Torii requires a Pro, Business+ or Enterprise Grid account.
- Go to the Integrations page and click the Slack tile
- Click Connect
- Select the permissions type, and note that in order to perform actions with Torii, "Read and take action," permission is required.
- Select the Slack Plan type (click here to see more information about the plans)
- Click Connect
- Once the integration is connected and synced, it will display a green checkbox
- Pro account / Business+
Choose this option if you do not have a Slack Enterprise account.
- Enterprise Grid: Workspace
Choose this option if you have a Slack Enterprise account and wish to get granular data on one or more of its workspaces and to send notifications from workflows.
- You will be redirected to Slack's website to choose a workspace. Make sure you choose a workspace inside the Grid account,
- By connecting workspaces, specific data for each workspace will be synced: connected applications, user list, user role, status, and membership type, among others.
- Actions can be taken at the workspace level, such as adding and removing users from the workspace's groups.
- Enterprise Grid: Grid
Choose this option if you have a Slack Enterprise account and wish to take actions from Torii, like adding and removing users from the Enterprise Grid.
- You will be redirected to Slack's website to choose a workspace. Make sure you choose the top-level "Grid workspace."
- By connecting the Grid Account, top-level user data will be synced without granular workspace-level information.
- When only connecting the Grid Account, Torii will sync only
- Actions can be taken to add/remove users from the grid and add/remove them from specific workspaces.
- Applications connected to individual workspaces and their risk level are not available when only connecting the Grid Account.
- It is possible to connect the Grid Account in addition to workspaces in the account to sync the full information from Slack.
Send Slack notifications
- To send Slack notifications, you must have a Slack Pro, Business+ or Enterprise Grid: Workspace account connected.
- If you see the below error, check that you have connected one of the above account types and that you chose the matching option in the connect dialog box.
- The Slack integration doesn't provide the correct billing status for users on the Fair Use Billing Plan. All non-deleted users come back as active regardless of if you are billed for them or not. As such, total license count for Slack in Torii includes both active and inactive users. This will be remedied once Slack provides support for this via their API.
Q: Can I enable Torii's workflow error notifications on a Free Slack account?
A: No, you must have a paid account (Pro, Business+, or Enterprise) in order to integrate Torii or enable workflow error notifications in Slack