Torii integrates with your Looker account and syncs:
Users: list, roles, status, last login dates
Licenses - Viewer, Standard, and Developer
Click here to see how Torii maps Looker roles to licenses.
Note that Torii can support multiple accounts
To connect Torii to Looker, you will be required to get the following from Looker:
API URL - Get your API URL using the Admin settings page.
Client ID & Client Secret - Create API3 credentials on the Users page in the Admin section of your Looker instance. If you’re not a Looker admin, ask your Looker admin to create the API3 credentials for you. The API3 credentials that you generated include both.
API3 credentials are always bound to a Looker user account. API requests execute “as” the user associated with the API3 credentials. Calls to the API will only return data that the user can see and modify only what the user can modify.
Connect Looker integration to Torii.
- Go to the Integrations page and select the Looker tile
- Click Connect to Looker
- In the Connect Looker, enter the API URL, Client ID, and the Client Secret
- Click Connect
Once the integration is connected and synced, it will display a green checkbox.
How does Torii map Looker roles to licenses?
- Developer (Admin) - If the user’s role includes the words “Admin” or “develop.”
- Standard (Creator) - If the roles’ permission includes “explore”, “use_sql_runner” or “save_content”
- Viewer - If the roles’ permission includes “access_data”
- No license - If none of the above is matched
You can constantly be updated with application information and available actions for Looker from our Integrations Page >> Integration Capabilities button >> Integration Capabilities table