Learn how to add custom application fields to all your application
You can add any custom field to your applications. Custom fields apply to all your applications.
Custom fields can be used for:
- Filtering the Application table
- Choosing visible columns on the application table
- Adding form fields when sending a form on Workflows
How to add fields
- Go to Settings>> Application Details
- Select the "Group" (a collection of fields) to which you want to add the new field
- Click the "+ Add field" button
- Select the field type and its details and click Save
- Note that you can expand and collapse each group as well as change the groups' order with a simple drag & drop.
Custom application history
Torii tracks every change made to all application fields, custom or default.
- Clicking into the Info tab will display the list of the app's fields
- Hovering over a field, you will see a history icon
- Clicking it will bring up a list of each change when it was made and by whom
Q: Can I push app data into a custom field?
A: Yes, First, create the custom field in Torii and then use the Update App API option found here: https://api.toriihq.com/v1.0/docs#/definitions/Update%20App